Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cosplaying my own character in my comic book series


It’s kind of like life-imitates-art-imitates-life. It’s kind of fun to base a character from my novel and comic book series on myself and I get to actually cosplay that character for real. In the novel and comic book, my character is an author, which I am in real life. (As for whether my vampire characters are real….well, who knows.) I’m an author playing an author who brings my characters "to life" which I also kind of do in real life through a comic book. In the novel’s story I brought my vampire characters to life accidentally through supernatural means.  I can look and dress like my own character on a daily basis, so it’s kind of a fun motivation to “get into character” as they say in the film industry, and inspires me to write more sequels. In any case, life definitely isn’t boring when you’re doing something creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment