Monday, November 4, 2013

Comikaze 2013 Recap Day 1

This weekend was an amazing first! First time for my artists to visit Los Angeles and the first time we all actually met face to face after working together on my comic book series through text, phone, ad email. This was our first comic book convention and first time at Comikaze, and our experience there was absolutely awesome!

Halloween Night, 2013:
After picking up my artists from the Airport (LAX) on Halloween night (during which  we introduced them to In n' Out Burger, LA traffic, and a drive through Inglewood and "da hood"). I flew them in from Missouri!

Andrew Setter, Lia Scott Price, and Chad Hammontree

 Stuck in LA traffic

 My artists' first In-N-Out burger in Inglewood

 The view from our Hotel, The Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles

Day 1:
We made out way to the Los Angeles Convention Center to set up our table before the convention opened, and it was amazing to see all the people waiting to get in! 



We had a table in Artist Alley by Legacy Effects, it was a great location with a lot of potential traffic! 



Thank you Comikaze for the great spot! For our first time there, we really appreciate all the effort it took to put together such a massive event. The organizers were very professional and incredibly helpful!

We spent Day 1 setting up in the morning before the event opened that afternoon.

 Our Exhibitor Badges

My artists and I signing comic books

Signed comic books!

All set up and ready to go!

We continued to put the word out about our Artist alley Table through social media: Facebook and Twitter, to let fans know that my artists and I had signed comic books (signed by me and my two artists), free autographed photos and stickers! I also want to thank the admins of my Vampire Guardian Angels Fan Page on Facebook, Chet Almas and Terri Yamson-Almas, for sharing the photos and updates I was posting! We had a lot of visitors and met new fans and readers!

And the costumes were awesome! I met some attendees who made/fabricated their own costumes!  Such amazing talent and dedication!

My new friend Jesus in his costume!








No comments:

Post a Comment