Sunday, February 15, 2015

Why is this a Non-Mainstream and Underground Comic Book Series?

People have often asked me why I don’t go with a big publisher. My answer is always the same: I am an underground, non-mainstream comic book series. I don’t partner with anyone and I choose to DIY and publish on my own and have creative control over my work. I’ve been approached before but everything either has to be “changed” to fit the mainstream, to make it PG13 or suitable for other countries or commercial purposes etc. and I’m not willing to do that with my work at this time. I choose not to compromise the originality of the characters or the storyline. This is a comic book meant for a niche market and a niche audience and to try to cater it for different purposes to make it more “commercial” and appeal to everyone would compromise my work. So it’s either you like the series, or you don’t. It’s not for everyone.  I meant it to be for the non-romance audience,  scary and vicious vampire purist and horror and comic book genre. So the answer is that I may be eccentric in the sense that I choose to be underground and different and non-mainstream and I choose to remain true to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment