Monday, November 4, 2013

Comikaze 2013 Recap Day 3


Day 3:

By mid afternoon and Sunday Day 3, we handed out stickers and business cards, My friend Erick Avina who runs a Geek Podcast did an interview with me and my artists. 

I also met the Comic Book Men and saw the great Stan Lee walk by my table! 

AMC's The Comic Book Men

A Stan Lee sighting!

We also saw Michael Rooker of The Walking Dead and Ron Jeremy!

And here are some of our awesome Artist Alley Tablemates/Boothmates:

 Angelo's Comix

 The Devil's Playground Burlesque

 Mark Thompson of Monstark Studios

I also lost my voice by Day 3, was exhausted, but it was worth it! I loved talking with the fans! 

We drove my artists back to LAX for their flight back to Missouri, and I was really happy I was able to have them there at the convention. They had an awesome time!

Artists Andrew Setter and Chad Hammontree

I'm glad I managed to bring my artists to Comikaze this year, and we plan to do this every year. I'm glad I was able to give them the opportunity to network, see their favorite artists, market their work, and show their talent to the world!  Andrew and Chad have such a unique talent with drawing, sketching, and coloring. I can rely on them to  bring my Vampire Guardian Angel characters to life. It's like they have this uncanny ability to read my mind. They get on paper exactly what I want.  And working with them long distance was surprisingly easy. They keep me updated and I really don't have to worry much because I know the end results will be spectacular!

Comikaze was basically a trial run and testing ground to introduce the comic books to potential fans. The feedback from attendees and people I spoke to about the characters and the concept was really positive. One person I met basically asked me a lot of very detailed questions about the characters and after i explained each of the stories, the response was "You know what, that (concept) works. I'm already curious to see how the stories continue. It's such an original concept and really interesting, and how amazing it was for me to have created this whole new Vampire world!" In general, people love the concept, the stories, and the one thing they kept saying was "I can't wait to read what happens next!"

I'm glad to have had this opportunity to introduce people to my comic books and characters, and for them to actually see the artists at work and to talk to us about the process of making the comic book and bringing the characters to life! And they got actual signed copies from all 3 of us of the issues! It's amazing for the fans to meet the actual writer and artists, and we were honored to meet our current and new fans!

Thank you to all our current fans and friends who have been supporting us, and thank you to new fans, welcome to our world! We appreciate you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment